Tuesday, April 29, 2008

the naming of the blog

I don't know if anyone has wondered where i came up with my web address: goingandalmostgone.blogspot.com but I'm going to tell you why I chose that address anyway.

It comes from a little known Caedmon's song that (to my knowledge) is not on any of their albums but was made explicitly for "The Awakening Compilation." Derek Webb wrote it and these are the lines from the chorus:

(I will run from you) But you'll have to catch me
(You can't run like me) You'll never catch me this time
(What a shame) And its all such a shame
And I don't miss you (But I miss you)
Leave me alone (Come for me)
Cuz I'm almost gone (But I'm still here)
I'm almost gone


This was the crazy pull on my heart as I thought of leaving and then did leave for a time. D. Webb, in his amazing giftedness, expresses my thoughts in song and left me with no choice as to the name of this site.

So, far all those out there who are going or almost gone...this site's for you.

-joe

No comments: