Saturday, April 19, 2008

on the evil tidings

This poem was the first that I turned to when I started reading Frost. The title caught my eye and I flipped to it. The opening three stanzas were immediately true to me. I'd done that. I'd taken that road instead of the one to the throne.

Now, that bearer stayed where he stopped. It is my hope to return to my home and to the throne. It is a long road. Miles have been traversed and will need to be redone. I'll have to repair so many relationships that my head spins just thinking about it.

But, God's grace has pulled me through. Despite the temptation to abandon the faith and my family at such a time, God has held me. He truly is a good God.

May the grace of Jesus Christ hold us all.

-joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"May the grace of Jesus Christ hold us all."

Amen, Joe. Amen.